ACTIVATING AFTER REFORMATING HD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! just got a laptop with pre-installed vista, i decided i needed to make several partitions on my hardrive so i formated my hd and re-installed vista with the cd i got with it. the problem now is that my previous vista was already activated and the new one after reformating gets invalid product id when activitaing vista. can anyone help?
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:21 AM

Answers

•  

Hi cxtian,

You must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please follow the below steps:

Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:48 PM

All replies

•  

Hi cxtian,

You must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please follow the below steps:

Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:48 PM
  • Hi Darin Smith,

thanks for helping me out, ill try this as soon as i can get my phone activated with IDD. anyway, if there is another solution for this it would help a lot.

Regards,

Cxtian

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:37 PM
  • great it worked. thanks.
    Friday, October 26, 2007 9:24 AM
  • it seams that my product key wont work what could i do about that on line to get it to work

Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:43 PM