none
I'm an MCC, really RRS feed

• Question

• I was awarded an MCC (valid for 3 months), about 3 weeks ago, but it still hasn't appeared on my profile.  I contacted the MCC email, and they opened a case, and today told me that it had been resolved.

Well, if you look at my profile, you'll see no reference to MCC as yet.  I don't know where to turn next to get this sorted out.

Grant Ward, a.k.a. Bigteddy

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• We (BigTeddy and I) have it now resolved.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Grant

This has happened to a few people and there is a discussion over here.

I had to email to get mine fixed but they resolved and responded within 24 hours.  Hope yours is similarly rapid.

Cheers, Steve

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:03 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Bigteddy Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:24 PM
  • Hi Steve,

At least I'm not the only one.  It's encouraging to know that they fixed it for you.  Hopefully they'll do the same for me (soon!).

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:38 PM
  • There seems to be a problem with many of the recent MCC awardees. Naomi for example has been waiting. Some have since gotten their recognition.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:54 PM
  • You know, I give up any hope. After latest fix that fixed this problem for many people but not a few unlucky (me, Hasham, you, Carmello), I sent a few emails, posted a few messages on Facebook and had nothing but frustration. None of my e-mails or Facebook comments have been answered. Nobody even liked that last Facebook comment. Can you at least add a like or your own comment?

Thanks.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Naomi, I unproposed your proposed answer, because I'm going to keep bumping this thread until we get authoritative answers from Ed Price or someone who can actually fix this.

It's not fair, and MS must get this right if they don't want to lose their most gifted contributors.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Well, I will keep answering anyway :) But it is sure frustrating and I spent a lot of negative energy on this issue already without avail. I don't know why Ed or someone from MS didn't reply to this or other threads on this topic.

Can someone from MS at least acknowledge that this problem is not yet completely resolved and that someone is still working on it?

Why say that they provide a reply within two business days and don't reply for several weeks? At least remove that message then if you can not keep up with the promise.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:05 PM
  • I just noticed that now I have the MCC designation. How did that happen? If I got an email, I never saw it. I just checked my spam folder and found nothing. I wonder if it is a mistake.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:09 PM
  • Most likely it's not a mistake, but you can send a request for the e-mail. Jeff told me he also never got the initial email.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Well, you are the first one I have seen here who is both an MVP and an MCC; I thought the MVP award "overwrote" anything else.

Kind Regards Bjoern
    http://spviking.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:23 PM
  • No, the recent change allows MVP to have MCC also. Many SQL Server MVPs got MCC as well (well deserved).

Few folks in SQL Server who, in my opinion, highly deserve this award, do not show it:

wBob, Tom Cooper, Scott Morris-ga, johninflorida, few other people. I also noticed yesterday a person who is MS Contingent Stuff showing this award, which should never happen as MS employees are not eligible. I sent an email about it to MCC coordinator (needless to say without a response as well).

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:27 PM
  • I checked a few people active in my area (Directory Services) and several have the MCC designation now, including several MVP's. I wasn't aware of the recent changes. It looks like some problems with the MCC badge got cleared up today, but I suspect it will take awhile to catch up.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:45 PM
  • MCC started showing up on my profile since yesterday.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:51 PM
  • BTW, here is another post on your same issue, Richard

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Profile/thread/9dae8b1e-53dc-4556-a922-bad3dbdbd253

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:13 PM
  • We (BigTeddy and I) have it now resolved.

My blog

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:11 PM
  • Hey, congratulations to you both.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:23 PM