CRM 4.0 Outlook Client - Requested registry access is not allowed RRS feed

• Question

•  

Nearly have the CRM 4.0 Outlook Client running, but the Configuration wizard give an error under Operating System, saying "Requested registry access is not allowed".

The help provided in the wizard is wrong, and there is nothing anywhere on this error.

Any ideas what it actually means?

Sunday, February 3, 2008 12:16 PM

All replies

• Dear,

You would need the right permissions for accessing the registry on the
    remote PC.
    Please verify (Registry Editor>Edit>Permissions)

Also if you can share with complete event log for such error.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 3, 2008 4:13 PM
  • According to the logs, it is actually related to an inability to see if a reboot is pending! How do I fix this one?

10:53:32|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft Windows® Operating System
    10:53:32|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate
    10:53:32|  Error| Check PendingRebootValidator : Failure: Requested registry access is not allowed.

10:53:32|   Info| Check SqlExprServiceRunningValidator: Success

Sunday, February 3, 2008 9:34 PM
  • Hello,

I am Brazilian and I have a problem that results in the same message, created a Dll "KlimtecCallOut.dll" to make an action at the time of closing an activity di type task and addicionei in:
    C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft CRM \ Server \ bin \ assembly
    I made in the amendment. Config but at the time of the activity comes close to this error, you could help me?

Tks
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:59 PM
  •  

If this is a Vista machine, right click on the icon for the configuration wizard and choose to run as administrator.
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:27 PM
  • Sorry but It's machine XP and CRM 3.0.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:34 PM