Sync Framework + Cash register RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to use Sync Framework to synchronise data with a cash register(sharp) instead of using POS for .Net. If you have a documentatio or a tutorial about how to use POS for .Net with a cash register, i will be very greatfull.

Thanks.

Friday, April 9, 2010 12:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• As far as I can tell from reading the documentation, nothing should prevent it from being used, but it's not something we've tested.  So we don't have any samples specific to that, either.  But depending on the data store that was being used, some the other samples may be helpful.  What's the data store on the cash register?

Aaron

SDE, Microsoft Sync Framework
    Friday, April 9, 2010 9:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Honestly I don't know what's the data store on the cash register and I have no idea of how data are stored in the cash register. But in the oder side can I use POS for .Net to retrieve data from my cash register to a SQL Server Database via a serial communication? The mark of the cash register is Sharp ER-A410. 
    Monday, April 12, 2010 9:08 AM
  • hi Harry,

you might want to cross-post at the POS.Net forum as well : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/posfordotnet/threads

They might be in a better position to answer the POS.Net specific questions.

cheers,

• Marked as answer by mjayaram Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:27 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 11:14 AM
  • Thank you everybody. You are all nice guys! I will follow the link...
    Monday, April 12, 2010 12:27 PM