first name, last name change retroactively MS CRM online 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• How does one change the first name, last name order format retroactively MS CRM online 2013. I am able to change the format in system settings however it only applies to new contacts and its driving my OCD MAD;¤. 

Can I use an onload script to interact with the composite controls? I am using MC CRM 2013 online. 

Any help, advice that would help this situation will save at least one soul from a major ocd meltdown. 

Thank you in advance

teach a man to fish ... etcetera

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:25 AM

Answers

• It is written in C# and makes SDK calls into CRM.  So you will need to put this into a console app to run.  Wrap it in a proper call to your CRM Online organization.  It looks like it only needs to be run once since it is performing an update to the record through SDK.

You can download the CRM 2013 SDK kit from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40321

There are some examples and tutorials walking you through how to create such things as plugins, console apps and WPF applications.  Just go through the console app tutorial to see how to set up the connection to CRM Online and then imbed the sample code from the website you found. 

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by shamstabrizi Friday, January 31, 2014 9:51 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 9:30 AM

All replies

• Also how would I run a script? where would I run it on load or import it as a solution?

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hi

I do not think using an onload script is going to help much. You would need to go individually to all records and update them.

Here is what you can do : http://gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.se/2011/07/how-to-update-full-name-format-in-crm.html

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Thank you for your response. This is driving me insane.

I actually found the same page, I want to try it but I am just confused about where to run it. Do I import it as a solution? My apologies if these are super basic questions. I am not really CRM trained I am learning as I go an really appreciate all the help. 

Thanks

Friday, January 31, 2014 9:02 AM
  • It is written in C# and makes SDK calls into CRM.  So you will need to put this into a console app to run.  Wrap it in a proper call to your CRM Online organization.  It looks like it only needs to be run once since it is performing an update to the record through SDK.

You can download the CRM 2013 SDK kit from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40321

There are some examples and tutorials walking you through how to create such things as plugins, console apps and WPF applications.  Just go through the console app tutorial to see how to set up the connection to CRM Online and then imbed the sample code from the website you found. 

Jason Peterson

• Marked as answer by shamstabrizi Friday, January 31, 2014 9:51 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Thank you much! This is excellent!

Friday, January 31, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Thank you for your response. This is driving me insane.

I actually found the same page, I want to try it but I am just confused about where to run it. Do I import it as a solution? My apologies if these are super basic questions. I am not really CRM trained I am learning as I go an really appreciate all the help. 

Thanks

Hi,

You could find Persian materials on Dynamics CRM also!

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Friday, January 31, 2014 11:43 AM