Answers

All replies

• Hi

Good steps are in my eyes:

a) Get more information what an MVP is:
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?ln=en

b) Some behaviour rules that might help:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/rmclaws/archive/2005/04/03/396941.aspx

But you cannot become an MVP by certifications or exams. When you are active in the forums and Microsoft thinks that you should be rewarded, then they will reward you. Current rewards I know of are the MCC and MVP "titles".

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:15 AM
    Answerer
  • What is the benefits of being a MVP or MCC  ?
    thank u for help
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:02 PM
  • I am not fully aware of all the benefits.

From my experience you are not active in the community because you want to be MVP or MCC.

MCC is new and ffrom my perspective it was a nice "thank you" to people that showed their interest in helping others. Some small benefits are included but I wouldn't state it special (or at least I do not feel special because of this MCC - but thank you Microsoft - I apreciate it of course!)

MVP is more special. My view on it is, that
    - it is again like a big thank you
    - Microsoft apreciate their work and is also willing to help them (So they have some contact to Microsoft Employees and even get more information that is not available for the public - and they are not allowed to distribute.

But as I said: You participate inside the community because you want to participate. It is not like "I want to be a MVP, so I have to read these books, do these certifications and do a, b, and c and heya - then I earned it".

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Great .., thank you but I want to be a MVP .., or how to know I am MVP or not ?

thank u for help
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Did you receive an information, that Microsoft assigned you an MVP title? If not, you are not a MVP.

Ok, you could have missed such an email. But at least your current live account is not flagged as MVP (else it would appear behind your name).

And you could think: Is it possible that Microsoft saw your contribution and might have decided to grant you an MVP title? This could have been done mainly through some great activity on some community sites of Microsoft (e.g. this Forum but there are other places. So you could have provided some great tools or so!) In case you are completly new to this community, the answer would also be: Sorry, but Microsoft had no chance so far to grant you the MVP title.

Feel free to contribute to the forums and other parts of the Microsoft community. All helping hands are more than welcome. But nobody will guarantee, that you will ever be an MVP.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:53 PM
    Answerer
  • I guess I will jump in here, besides the great advice and links provided earlier...

The MVP is not a certification, it is an award given by Microsoft to non-Microsoft emploees. This award is only valid for one year at a time. There is not set criteria to become an MVP. There are also no exam requirements.

MVPs are nominated by Microsoft employees or other MVPs and a strict review board at Microsoft reviews the nominees body of work.

Basically, you want to get as much exposure to the technical community as possible by helping and providing content. I would suggest living in the Technet forums and answering as many post as possible, start a blog if you haven't and start posting original content, and do public speaking engagements (user groups, conferences, etc). You don't have to do all of these things, like I said there is no one formula. This activity must be maintained for a long period of time. The review board only looks at your activites over the last year. It might take a year or two just to start getting recognized within the community.

You shouldn't strive to become an MVP.  There is a saying that if the MVP Award went away, you would still be doing what you are doing today to help out the community.  If Microsoft sees benefit to your contributions to the community then you will be awarded.

Here is a good blog on the subject:

http://www.msigeek.com/4492/how-to-become-a-microsoft-mvp-most-valuable-professional

Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:45 PM
  • What is the benefits of being a MVP or MCC  ?
    thank u for help

Why do you want to be a MVP when you don't even know the benefits of being one?
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:14 AM
  • Why do you want to be a MVP when you don't even know the benefits of being one?

Good point Jeff!

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:57 AM
    Answerer
  • mmm good comment but I tell you  , I want te be famous and not selfish and everyone ask me and attend confraces ..... etc 

Just like many other people i see here and everywhere else.

In fact honstly talking   i dont catch any way even to tell microsoft Am I MVP ?

or Can you evaluate me? 

or how am I ? or what if I neet to meet valued persons and become one of them.

thank u for help
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:13 AM
  • My suggestion is:

Stop beeing focused on MVP.

If you want that others know you or ask you, you first have to gain deep knowledge in something.

Then you can start showing your knowledge to others.

It is really that simple. If I read a lot from you and I learn from your contributions, then I will start to remember you and to read a thread just because of the fact that you answered.

And if you are always kind then I will even directly ask you.

So read Tims reply - he wrote also what could be the correct steps.

But forget the MVP. The MVP is a "Thank you" you might gain if Microsoft thinks that you deserve it. If you get it: Great. If not: Who cares?

I am active in the forums because I have fun in here and learn something ... and it is a good feeling to help others, too. That are my reasons to be here.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:16 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you all very much ..., it is great answer Mr. Jeff and Mr Konrad.

okay I'll do my best ,So can I ask you whenevery I cant solve my problems or even if someone else asked me ?

thank u for help
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:34 AM
  • You could read the articles from the TechNet Wiki at the following addresses

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-become-an-mvp-or-mcc.aspx
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/differences-between-the-mvp-and-mcc-awards.aspx

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:31 PM