CRM 2011 Rollup 1 Broke Import Solution RRS feed

• Question

• After installing Update Rollup 1, we cannot import our solution file into any orgs that already contain the solution.  We constantly get the following message:

Option set name (fieldName) doesn't match with the one from existing option set

We didn't get this error prior to installing Update Rollup 1.  I've tried various scenarios and it doesn't even work when the importing and exporting environments are both on Update Rollup 1.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:58 AM

Answers

• A call with MS Support sorted me out. There's a SQL script they can offer you which you need to run.  Then rebuild the solution from scratch and all will be well.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 3:05 PM

All replies

• So after some more research it looks like the update rollup maybe changing the name of the optionset on some of the orgs.  Can someone from Microsoft explain the nature of this bug, and how they went about trying to fix it in the update rollup?  Is the rollup changing any optionset names?  Are they getting applied to every CRM org or just randomly?  Does uninstalling the rollup revert the names back?  

This is a pretty severe issue as it is affecting various development and testing environments for us and several customers.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Also experiencing an issue with the CASE Entity.  Can't import.  Where on the case entity can I look to see if optionset changed?
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Hello John -

Can you give me the name of the field that is broken?  If the attribute is available, please add that as well.  I don't need the exact name, something like: prefix_prefix_abc_xyz would work.  You could try uninstalling the patch to see if that works.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Uninstalling Rollup 1 worked for us.  Could not import any solution.  Tried different combinations (export and import on same org, across different orgs ect.)

We did not actually get any errors with the import, it would just sit there showing the import progress bar with no prgress on it.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:26 AM
  • I'm experiencing this issue too.  However, the target instance is Online so we have less control over the rollup level applied.  Causing us a major problem at the moment.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:09 PM
  • A call with MS Support sorted me out. There's a SQL script they can offer you which you need to run.  Then rebuild the solution from scratch and all will be well.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 3:05 PM
  • without engagement a small sample which worked for me:

without engagement

Worked out and provided the corresponding SQL update statements:

a) to modify the name of a single option set

select * from optionset where optionsetid = 'AAFCB100-DB61-E011-8580-00155D06C006';

update optionset set name = 'i1001_account_i1001_communicationban' where optionsetid = 'AAFCB100-DB61-E011-8580-00155D06C006';

b) to modify all wrong at once

select distinct optionset.name, 'i1001_' + lower(entity.name) + '_' + lower(attribute.name)
    from attribute, optionset, entity
    where attribute.optionsetid = optionset.optionsetid and entity.entityid = attribute.entityid and
    optionsettype = 3 and optionset.name like 'i1001_%' and optionset.name NOT like '%_i1001_%' and attribute.name like '%i1001%'
    order by optionset.name;

update optionset set name = 'i1001_' + lower(entity.name) + '_' + lower(attribute.name)
    from attribute, entity
    where attribute.optionsetid = optionset.optionsetid and entity.entityid = attribute.entityid and
    optionsettype = 3 and optionset.name like 'i1001_%' and optionset.name NOT like '%_i1001_%' and attribute.name like '%i1001%';

Monday, August 22, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Hi, same problem here with CRM Online. I've opened a case with Microsoft but still no luck...any idea?
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hello Brandon,

I'm facing this issue on a CRM online organization...it's the second time it happens! The first time I opened an incident with MS support but after a month they didn't solve my problem, so I created a new organization and started from scratch...after more then 3 weeks the same problem occurred on the new org! I cannot understand where's the issue....importing the same solution on two different online orgs now fails on one of them and works on the other one. And the org which fails is a production environment for a customer of ours.

Is there a known solution for this issue? 

Thank you in advance for you help,

Filippo

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:42 PM
  • Filippo,

We have the same issue...you have an answer?

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:44 AM