[Suggestion] Merge / Migrate / Link forum profiles. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently we can use multiple Live ID and link them together,
    and that's the only way we can track our threads, but this requires us to jump between various Live ID accounts to access our forum profiles.

What I'm suggesting is either let us link profiles so that we won't have to jump between our Live ID accounts to check our threads, and regardless to the account he same profile is going to be used, if not anything from Merge to Migration of profiles to another profile is going to be just as good.

I think that the best solution is having the ability to merge / migrate our Live ID to a different account, but well it's just something I guess I can dream on. :)

Thank you in advance, Eyal Shilony.

Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Friday, January 6, 2012 8:40 PM (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is not currently supported, I strongly doubt it ever will.  Just don't mix accounts, there's just not much practical use in doing so.  If this is just about getting a dash in your nick, just change your nick.  Although it is too late now, it is taken.

Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:53 PM
  • Nah it's not about my name actually, just that I have two accounts which I use, with similar names, my old Live ID account is created using a msn/hotmail email address and unfortunately there's no way to change it, so I created a new Live ID with my new email, so I thought this would be a good idea to manage my threads on the forums instead of jumping between these two accounts.

I know it's not supported that's the very reason I suggested it, I doubt it too, but it's worth a try. :) 
    Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:17 PM
  • want to manage old threads?
    view following link!
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/suggest/thread/f3ca7064-97b0-47d5-be20-00115168aa88
    view marked answer.
    you should be able to search your old thread links, no matter what account.
    trujade.
    i like: VB General  google  fast cars  username password
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:06 AM
  • @trujade thanks that will do! :)
    Eyal, Regards.

blog.eyalsh.net
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:34 AM
  • You can also file a ticket (via the Site Feedback report tool) to manually get your Live ID changed. I wrote a TechNet Wiki article about that. Let me know if you want the URL.
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:18 AM