no cellphone for OUTLOOK email verification code - cannot find real answer anywhere RRS feed

• Question

• I have no cellphone for OUTLOOK email verification code... how do I verify a new Outlook email account otherwise... with other email?, maybe... but the web interface is not allowing me this option... if I enter my landline phone number it just says...

"Before you can send email, we need to verify your account. This won't happen every time you send email, we promise.
    Send a code to this phone number.
    We cannot send a text message to this number."

This new Outlook email account will NOT allow me to log in via the web interface, or to send emails in my email program where I have it set up... I can receive emails via this new Outlook account in Mozilla Thunderbird, but I can not send emails.

I have searched and searched for this... there is no real answer for it on the regular "support.microsoft" forum or on the "answers.microsoft" forum... there are just a lot of references and links to articles that then take you back to the AUTOMATED Microsoft chat system, and when that gets to a point where it cannot answer the question, it then says I will need to email someone at Microsoft, and then it takes me back to the Outlook login screen to login to the account that I cannot log in to, but it does not show the email address I need to use, so I cannot even email Microsoft tech support via another email address... so the whole thing is in a long, stupid loop, of sorts.

Is there anyone who knows what they are talking about on this simple issue with Microsoft Outlook email?

Thanks,

numi02

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Something here may help.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-verify-your-outlook-com-account-0b493d5c-9390-45ca-81b6-1bb1314caba9

or chat email microsoft account support using the links at page bottom.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-cant-sign-in

I'd also try asking for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:15 PM
  • Thanks, Dave.  All 3 of the links provided take me to the same loop I already described.  One of the links takes me to a page that has a "Get Account Help by Email", but then there is no way to actually email anyone, it just take you to an interface to answer questions, like I've already waded through...

Somewhere I got a link that seems to have put me in line for an actual "Live chat" (moving slowly up to position 24 just now) as opposed to the useless automated chat that ends up looping back to the email that I cannot log into.

This is sort of funny and sort of not... it is the endless frustration that I expected to get such a simple answer for such a simple question with MS.

Thanks anyway...

numi02

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:36 PM
  • Sounds good, good luck with chat.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:38 PM
  • Is there an actual email address for tech support that I can use, since I'm sitting here waiting after endless stuff that has not gotten me anywhere?
    Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:47 PM
  • Yes, email them here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/d75c9d92-a918-3a46-52bd-565a528f1b64

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:49 PM