none
no cellphone for OUTLOOK email verification code - cannot find real answer anywhere RRS feed

• Question

• I have no cellphone for OUTLOOK email verification code... how do I verify a new Outlook email account otherwise... with other email?, maybe... but the web interface is not allowing me this option... if I enter my landline phone number it just says...

"Before you can send email, we need to verify your account. This won't happen every time you send email, we promise.
    Send a code to this phone number.
    We cannot send a text message to this number."

This new Outlook email account will NOT allow me to log in via the web interface, or to send emails in my email program where I have it set up... I can receive emails via this new Outlook account in Mozilla Thunderbird, but I can not send emails.

I have searched and searched for this... there is no real answer for it on the regular "support.microsoft" forum or on the "answers.microsoft" forum... there are just a lot of references and links to articles that then take you back to the AUTOMATED Microsoft chat system, and when that gets to a point where it cannot answer the question, it then says I will need to email someone at Microsoft, and then it takes me back to the Outlook login screen to login to the account that I cannot log in to, but it does not show the email address I need to use, so I cannot even email Microsoft tech support via another email address... so the whole thing is in a long, stupid loop, of sorts.

Is there anyone who knows what they are talking about on this simple issue with Microsoft Outlook email?

Thanks,

numi02

Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies