Genuine Windows... Passed Diagnostics RRS feed

• Question

• How can I avoid buying a new set of discs from HP... I confirmed with HP from their production validation that my Windows product was genuine... I cannot work through their alternative approach...I have tried... I bought product...I registered products with HP and MS... What else can I do to avoid this challenge that my windows is not genuine product. ??????

Jim t 63

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:04 AM

Answers

• To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post. (please do not edit the report.)

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key from the COA. 

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Please read the sticky at the top of this forum titled, "Please Read Before Posting."

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 8GB ram.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:41 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post. (please do not edit the report.)

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key from the COA. 

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Please read the sticky at the top of this forum titled, "Please Read Before Posting."

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 8GB ram.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:41 PM
    Answerer