none
Can't get PhpMyAdmin (newest version 4.7) working on an Azure Virtual Machine (classic) RRS feed

• Question

• I unzipped the PhpMyAdmin installation file on the wwwroot directory (the one accessible through the web) and renamed it to ./phpmyadmin47 since the ./phpmyadmin was already installed (and working fine) and I wanted to keep it. So I copied the config.inc.php file from the old ./phpmyadmin directory and pasted it into the new ./phpmyadmin47 directory.

So when I try to browse the https://mymachinename-phpmyadmin.azurewebsites.net/phpmyadmin47/ it works fine in the sense that it shows the PhpMyAdmin login screen correctly, but when I try to login using the DB's credentialas, it returns a 403 Forbidden with the following error message: "You do not have permission to view this directory or page."

I don't know why this happens and haven't found a workaround for this. Please help!

Thanks!

Friday, June 2, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• Just to clarify - are you using Azure Database for MySQL or are you running MySQL in an IaaS VM?  If the former, make sure you are logging in with the format of username@servername.
    Friday, June 2, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Hi Jason,

I don't know what you mean by "laaS", but yes, the MySQL DB is on another virtual machine, it's not a local one.

About the logging in format, I don't think that should be an issue since I'm using the same config file (for credentials) as I am using on the ./phpmyadmin directory which is working fine.

Friday, June 2, 2017 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

>>I don't know what you mean by "laaS", but yes, the MySQL DB is on another virtual machine, it's not a local one.

This forums discuss issue about Azure Database for MySQL(a fully managed database service). Since you are running MySQL on a VM, I’d suggest you post it in Azure Virtual Machine forum for better response.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52 AM