Off Topic:Reset account passwords: RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all:

I've from a lot of years ago one hotmail account, my principal one.

Before many weks I was feeling that was hacked and I was tryied and re-tryied to sign in on it without responses.

Now the only one way to reset the password was developped in to steps, the first one they send the "reset" resends data information automatically to the same account (simply "smart", impossible to view in my case because I can't sign-In) or through the question (whre I'm living and some extra data that I can't remember becouse I was opened my acount before 20 years ago and I arrived to live in many countries).

Now Microsoft can't develop any interactive and confortable way for this resets?, like as SMS with clock timing, or activation from another account with personal SMS, or something else?

I'll very appreciate if someone can help me to solucionate this problem.

Thanks for all.

Diego.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 9:17 AM

All replies

•  

You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

However, had you set up the alternate address or security questions you would be able to reset the password without problems unless you account *was* hacked and someone changed these values.

To recover a LiveID/Hotmail account, contact support - http://support.live.com - select Windows live Hotmail from the list. You'll need to respond to a lengthy questionnaire that seeks to determine that you are the rightful owner of the account.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:58 PM