Not Familiar with Network, and Frustrated with Backup! RRS feed

• Question

•  

So, I've Tried Backup, No Network Connection, putting that Off til later!  First, I have pre-formatted Disks and Backup doesn't want to Load System Backup to those Disks?  Will buy Fresh Disks anyway, Read Further!  We don't have a Network setup for Two Computers Now, One Running Vista and the other XP, a Very Easy Situation we can Overcome Later!!  However, BestBuy Geek says Microsoft Doesn't Plan Further Support of the Windows Live OneCare Program and only current Users are Entitled to Purchased Benefits???   So, Did I purchase a Program from Microsoft that wont be around One Year From Now??   Program seems well functional Now, But with a Laptop coming into the Picture running Vista from ACER, will I experience Issues with Support for the Next Year or So, or Get AVG Now??

Thanks,   James

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:25 PM

Answers

• OneCare will be fully supported through the end of 2010 for subscribers. New installs/subscriptions will be available through most of 2009, per the press release.

Your backup issue does not seem to be related to OneCare. If it is, and you wish to backup to CDs or DVDs, don't use RW discs and don't "format" them.

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:01 PM