Office validation rejection RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble with my Office 2000 Premium and desided to uninstall and reinstall along with all of the "add ons". Prior to doing this I thought it better to "Validate" the s/w. It was rejected, and now I cannot start it up to unstall the s/w now installed on my computer.My product Key is: PTD87-PJYTC-TVMDX-4X7DT-T883B
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 9:37 PM

Answers

• Microsoft Office 2000 does not require validation.  Are you sure you have Office 2000?
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 11:08 PM
  • Hi Jerimiah,

Carey is correct, Office 2000 does not require validation.  You can run our diagnostic tool and we can see if it provides any hints as to what your issue is, but since Office 2000 is not one of the validated platforms...it may not.

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE your results.

I'll take a look at it and give you my best guess!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Friday, February 2, 2007 11:52 PM

All replies

• What should I do with this? I seem to always have trouble with all of these programs bundled in the MS Office premium
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 9:53 PM
  • Microsoft Office 2000 does not require validation.  Are you sure you have Office 2000?
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 11:08 PM
  • I am as sure as as I can be. I bought it from Circuit City, it came on two CD"s along with the "Product Key" I included with the original msg.
    Friday, February 2, 2007 3:59 PM
  • Hi Jerimiah,

Carey is correct, Office 2000 does not require validation.  You can run our diagnostic tool and we can see if it provides any hints as to what your issue is, but since Office 2000 is not one of the validated platforms...it may not.

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE your results.

I'll take a look at it and give you my best guess!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Friday, February 2, 2007 11:52 PM