Trouble with pp3 conector and W7 Pro 64bit (RTM) RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated my WHS to pp3 beta and after seting up the connector on my W7 Pro 64 bit (RTM) the system will have some serious issues after a restart.  The system comes up but it seems to knoch out the network connection, and removes access to Norton IS 2010 pre-release software.  It also cannot connect to the server (no network connection) and system restore will not work from within W7.  I have been able to boot to the W7 DVD and restore to the point before this installation and everything works well.  Then I set up the connector again and get the same results.  I will test some more and post all versions & HW info soon.  Any ideas?
    Thomas
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:24 PM

Answers

• I have updated my WHS to pp3 beta and after seting up the connector on my W7 Pro 64 bit (RTM) the system will have some serious issues after a restart.  The system comes up but it seems to knoch out the network connection, and removes access to Norton IS 2010 pre-release software.  It also cannot connect to the server (no network connection) and system restore will not work from within W7.  I have been able to boot to the W7 DVD and restore to the point before this installation and everything works well.  Then I set up the connector again and get the same results.  I will test some more and post all versions & HW info soon.  Any ideas?
    Thomas

Did you try uninstalling Norton?
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:05 PM
  • I have PP2 and 2 Workstations with W7 Ultimate RC running. My Problem: Network connection crashes on the Server when WS Backup is running.

Although your problems may seem similar, you should start your own thread (and post as many details as possible about your configuration).
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:18 PM

All replies

Thomas

Did you try uninstalling Norton?
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:05 PM
  • I have PP2 and 2 Workstations with W7 Ultimate RC running. My Problem: Network connection crashes on the Server when WS Backup is running.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:51 PM

Although your problems may seem similar, you should start your own thread (and post as many details as possible about your configuration).
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 7:18 PM