none
Retrieve LiveID used to register xxx.homeserver.com domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

At the time when I installed Windows Home Server I used a new, dedicated LiveID to register a WHS remote access domain name (format xxx.homeserver.com). These domains seem to be linked to a specific LiveID.
    Due to a security update that was recently pushed out I have to re-register this domain name but I do not know which LiveID I used for that. So I'm stuck.
    Yes, I already tried every LiveID that I know I have but to no avail. I just created this one LiveID for registering the homeserver 2 years ago and never used it since. So I just forgot and apparently didn't take a note. Dumb, I know.

Is there any way to find out which LiveID has been used to register xxx.homeserver.com ?

TIA,
    Bart

• Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:20 PM software question (From:Windows Home Server Hardware and Installation)
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:11 PM

All replies

• No, there's no way to retrieve it from your end. All you have is a token at this point; the actual Live ID used isn't recorded anywhere on your server. I've confirmed this with Microsoft, by the way; it's "straight from the horse's mouth", as it were.

In theory, it could probably be retrieved from the Live side, but to be honest I doubt you will find anyone there who will help you.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:19 PM