SUBSCRIPTION RRS feed

• Question

•  

How can i activate my product key? if every time i try to activave as the instructions says it gets me stuck on the part of the subscription i alrready have popups enabled and everything off but the thing is how can i activated???????

PLEASE HELP ME RUSH

i want to the program work as soon as posible without having time limit

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:22 AM

Answers

• I am not clear on what your problem is.

To activate OneCare when you do not have a subscription, you click the link in OneCare for subscribe/activate. Sign in with a LiveID. Provide payment information or enter a retail key.

See this post regarding Activation redirecting you to a page where you cannot activate, but are presented with a view of available Windows Live Products instead -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you have a subscription that is about to expire and needs to be renewed and you are reinstalling after having purchased a new retail CD, your activation will inherit the existing subscription status if you use the same LiveID and you will not be prompted for your key or payment information. In this case, go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:01 PM