UAC on Vista Prevents Auto Backup to Network Drive RRS feed

• Question

• Am I doing something wrong?

I have an XP and Vista computer on my LAN that are set to backup to a Network share. When the backup starts to run on the Vista machine, UAC prompts for an OK to continue. I want to keep UAC running, is there a way to avoid the prompt and get the Vista machine backed up automatically? Right now, I manually start a backup whenever OneCare tells me it needs to run, so I can click OK at the prompt.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• I don't know that you're doing anything wrong. I assume that your User ID that you are logged into Vista with might be a standard User and not an Administrator, hence the reason for the prompt to proceed to access the Network Share.
    Where is the Share located? Is it on a NAS or on another PC?

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:16 AM
  • You may want to contact support for help with this if you are unable to backup automatically and you've confirmed that permissions are set correctly. As far as I know, the automatic backup should happen without prompting under a limited user as long as the destination permissions are set correctly for all users to have dull rights.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:02 PM