CRM 2013 cant connect to outlook client after adding an SSL Cert RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All , Im new to CRM so I hope that you can help me with my issue.

I did a vanilla installation of CRM 2013 and everything was working fine . Then I wanted to add some security to it so I added an SSL cert. after going thru all the settings the web interface works fine , however CRM would not connect from outlook so I removed it from outlook  . now when I go to add it I can get to the point where I type the URL (using https)  and it finds the organization and display name but when I go to add it (By clicking OK), it  tells me

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

I'm not sure why it states this because the web based version works fine. when  I look at the error I see the following.

22:09:28|  Error| Exception : Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'https://crm/CubeDB/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl'.    at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.ResolveNext(ResolveCallState resolveCallState)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(MetadataRetriever retriever)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(Uri address, MetadataExchangeClientMode mode)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceMetadataUtility.RetrieveServiceEndpointMetadata(Type contractType, Uri serviceUri, Boolean checkForSecondary)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfiguration`1..ctor(Uri serviceUri, Boolean checkForSecondary)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceConfiguration..ctor(Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateConfiguration[TService](Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.GetAuthProvider(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials, AuthUIMode uiMode, Uri webEndPoint, IClientOrganizationContext context, Form parentWindow)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerInfo.LoadUserId()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerInfo.Initialize(Uri discoveryUri, OrganizationDetail selectedOrg, String displayName, Boolean isPrimary)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadDataToServerInfo()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__2(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
    22:09:28|  Error| Exception : The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataLocationRetriever.DownloadMetadata(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)

Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried the steps from this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910090/en? This KB pertains to CRM 2011, but in general the communication between the server and the client (especially address resolution) is the same in both versions.

The KB contains manyh possible resolutions to your problem related to SSL.

I hope that helps,

Kuba

-- Jakub (kuba) Skałbania, Dynamics CRM MVP Netwise

Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:12 PM