Dependency on old DLL RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to migrate the MFC application built on VC++6.0 to VS2010. There are some 3rd party libraries are also linked to the DLL which is compiled with VC+6.0. The 3rd party libs are linked to MFC42.dll and MSVCRT.dll. Since this 3rd party libs are depending on MFC42.dll and MSVCRT.dll, So, even if I compile my application with VS2010, the old dependency is still remaining. Will this be a problem at run-time or there will be any risk? I know that the best case is that I can find the 3rd party libs compiled with VS2010 but I cannot at this moment. 
    • Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:15 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to VS general forum. But I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because the issue is mainly on the third-party libraries, I suggest consulting on the support/community provided by the third-party libraries for better support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:14 AM