MCSD Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to get a MCSD certification but have a few questions in mind. Is the MCSD certification only for developers with work experience. For someone without work experience to have completed a MCSD certification by studying the resources available, is it generally an advantage or a disadvantage to finding a developer job. Or should I get some work experience first and then complete the certification?
    • Edited by J.a.s.o.n Monday, August 4, 2014 10:21 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Having certification such as MCSD will help to find a developer job but starting with the MCSD certification without any work experience will make it difficult to pass the exams for MCSD. Maybe if you already are very skilled with development then you can do MCSD first.

If you can find an employer that is willing to invest in getting you certified and providing the work experience then that might be a good option.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:10 AM
    Answerer
  • No, MCSD certification is not only for developers with work experience. The person with no work experience can also get this certification. All you need is the strong skills. You should have strong grip on them.

When you go for the exam, they won't ask you if you have experience or not, your skills help you to pass the exam and get the certification.

But one more thing, experience makes man perfect. So a person who have work experience also have a grip on skills. But this doesn't mean that no experience person cannot pass the certification.

Just prepare for the exam, and go ahead. All the best. :)

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Having certification such as MCSD will help to find a developer job but starting with the MCSD certification without any work experience will make it difficult to pass the exams for MCSD. Maybe if you already are very skilled with development then you can do MCSD first.

If you can find an employer that is willing to invest in getting you certified and providing the work experience then that might be a good option.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Danny for your advise. I do have some practical and hands-on experience but not commercially though.
    • Edited by J.a.s.o.n Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:52 AM
  • Thanks Tzuri for replying. My worry is if I do complete the MCSD certification and have no commercial experience, will employers have no confidence in me to do the job since I lack commercial experience.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:02 PM
  • No, MCSD certification is not only for developers with work experience. The person with no work experience can also get this certification. All you need is the strong skills. You should have strong grip on them.

When you go for the exam, they won't ask you if you have experience or not, your skills help you to pass the exam and get the certification.

But one more thing, experience makes man perfect. So a person who have work experience also have a grip on skills. But this doesn't mean that no experience person cannot pass the certification.

Just prepare for the exam, and go ahead. All the best. :)

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Thanks Tzuri. I will works towards getting my certification.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:23 PM