Cannot enable mailbox due to 'unexpected error' RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just setting up a Dynamics CRM 2015 Server but when I try to setup an Email Server Profile pointing at our Exchange Server I get the following Alerts;

'An unexpected error occurred while receiving email. The mailbox username has been disabled for receiving email and the owner of the associated email server profile Exchange Mailboxes has been notified.'

'The mailbox username has been disabled for synchronizing appointments, contacts, and tasks
    due to unknown error. The owner of the associated email server profile Exchange Mailboxes has been notified.'

Can anybody suggest what the problem is please? I've configured credentials in the Email Server Profile and given this user profile Impersonation permissions on the Exchange Server.

Thanks.

Friday, October 2, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• Has the affected user login to CRM and has been given the correct security privilege?
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:52 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I haven't seen anything relating to specific user privileges, what is required?  There are 5 users and all show the same behaviour.
    Monday, October 5, 2015 8:13 AM
  • I have encountered similar error on CRM Online and apparently it was caused by the user hasn't accessed CRM at all.

For security role, I usually copy Salesperson role as the base and remove/add specific privilege as required.

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:31 AM
  • Hi, thanks again for your input.  Although I'm seeing this behaviour with all users, the one I've concentrated on for testing has got all the built-in roles assigned and has definitely accessed CRM.  I haven't amended any of the built-in roles.
    Monday, October 5, 2015 11:35 AM
  • On the Email Server Profile in CRM Settings, make sure that the URL for the Exchange server is correct.  https://<Exchange Server>/EWS/Exchange.asmx

Make sure to click the approve button for each of the user mailboxes.  Mail will not process unless the mailboxes are approved.  Even for the sys admin.

Check that the ports being used are not being blocked by the firewall on the Exchange server.

Validate mailbox credentials.

Jason Peterson

Monday, October 5, 2015 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

The URL configured in the Email Server Profile is correct.

The Approve Email button has been clicked on the mailbox being tested.

The traffic is not being blocked by firewall.

If I change the mailbox credentials to something that is known to be wrong, the resultant error message relates to incorrect credentials specifically.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 8:04 AM
  • If this is a new mailbox, has someone actually logged into it through OWA to initialize the mailbox?  This creates the folder structure needed by server-side-sync, email router, etc.

Does this fail test for both incoming and outgoing?  Or just one direction?

Have you tried using a different mailbox just to see if it is a problem with this one?  Perhaps your own mailbox.

On the mail server profile, in the advanced section, try changing the authentication profile fields for the incoming and outgoing to see if that helps.

Try testing with the auto discover server location option to off it is on.  If on, maybe it is getting bad information back from the Exchange server because of a configuration issue.

If your still having issues, you may want to get the CRM Diag Tool and collect a platform trace while testing the mailbox.  The Async Service controls the server side sync.  So check those logs.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:20 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

The test fails in both directions.

I have tried other mailboxes and all show the same behaviour.

I have tried all the Authentication protocol options and none work.  Al testing has been preformed with Auto Discover Server Location off and the location URL manually specified.

I have captured some data using the CRM Diag Tool and noticed this, I don't know if this is the key response?  The Exchange Server is Exchange Server 2007 (showing as v8.3 Build 83.6).

[2015-10-08 09:59:47.599] Process:CrmAsyncService |Organization:c7a1c268-291f-442f-9699-9d42a7934b34 |Thread:   80 |Category: ExchangeSync |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Warning |ReqId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 | ExchangeSyncAsyncRemoteStep`2.AfterCall  ilOffset = 0x23
    >Exception occurred while retrieving folder data from exchange server. Exception: Unhandled Exception: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceVersionException: Exchange Server doesn't support the requested version.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.ProcessWebException(WebException webException)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.EndGetEwsHttpWebResponse(IEwsHttpWebRequest request, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.MonitoredExchangeService.EndSyncFolderHierarchy(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncSteps.SyncFolderHierarchyStep.EndRequest(IAsyncResult response)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncSteps.ExchangeSyncAsyncRemoteStep`2.AfterCall()

[2015-10-08 09:59:47.600] Process:CrmAsyncService |Organization:c7a1c268-291f-442f-9699-9d42a7934b34 |Thread:   80 |Category: ExchangeSync |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error |ReqId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 | ExchangeSyncWorker.SynchronizeACTs  ilOffset = 0x4C
    >Exchange sync worker for the mailbox is failed/terminated : {AC7837B7-D665-E511-80BC-0050569D2750}. Exception details : Unhandled Exception: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceVersionException: Exchange Server doesn't support the requested version.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.ProcessWebException(WebException webException)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestBase.EndGetEwsHttpWebResponse(IEwsHttpWebRequest request, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MultiResponseServiceRequest`1.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.MonitoredExchangeService.EndSyncFolderHierarchy(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncSteps.SyncFolderHierarchyStep.EndRequest(IAsyncResult response)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncSteps.ExchangeSyncAsyncRemoteStep`2.AfterCall()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncSteps.ExchangeSyncAsyncRemoteStep`2.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.EmailConnector.ExchangeSyncWorker.SynchronizeACTs()

Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:10 AM
  • Ah, I'm guessing the Exchange Server version is the issue, having just found this page - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531050.aspx ...
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:15 AM