none
DAX formula for - Extracting a column value from a table based on certain conditions

Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying extract a column from the table based on certain Conditions:

Here is the scenario:

I have a table "tb1" with (project_id, month_end_date, monthly_proj_cost ) and table "tb2" with (project_id, key_member_type, key_member, start_dt_active, end_dt_active).

I would like to extract  Key_member where key_member_type="PM" and active as of tb1(month_end_date).

Is this possible using DAX ?

Thanks,

Satya T

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:44 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You really need to give details.

Is DAX referring to Data analysis expressions, a language used by the Microsoft PowerPivot software, or Microsoft Dynamics AX, an enterprise resource planning software?

If it's Power Pivot, I'd ask in the Power Pivot forum.

If it's Dynamics AX, I'd ask in the Microsoft Dynamics AX forum on the  Microsoft Dynamics Community Forums.

As Microsoft's Dynamics Community forums are on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You really need to give details.

Is DAX referring to Data analysis expressions, a language used by the Microsoft PowerPivot software, or Microsoft Dynamics AX, an enterprise resource planning software?

If it's Power Pivot, I'd ask in the Power Pivot forum.

If it's Dynamics AX, I'd ask in the Microsoft Dynamics AX forum on the  Microsoft Dynamics Community Forums.

As Microsoft's Dynamics Community forums are on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:29 PM
  • Hi Karl,

Thanks for the update and pointing to right forum.

I didn't knew we have Dynamics AX and DAX. Sorry for the confusion.

It is PowerBI - PowerPivot DAX formula.

I will post the question to Power Pivot forum.

Monday, July 20, 2015 8:14 PM
  • You are welcome.

Glad to help.

I had no idea what DAX is, so I ran a Bing search, and Wikipedia gave me several possibilities.

Karl 

Monday, July 20, 2015 9:36 PM
  • Hello,

While I'm at it,  TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:44 PM