none
No option to get to past posts in Live Writer upon new Installs

Question

• This is a huge usability issue that quite frankly I don't see how Becky and her team has missed this.  Here is the replication of the issue:

1) You've got an existing blog full of posts
    2) You just reimaged your machine at work, new OS all over again
    3) You install Live Writer (whatever the lastest is)
    4) Ok, you add your url and it finds it, downloads your skin, etc. Your In!
    5) Now, I have no way to get at the older posts for edit and re-post.  For example a user in our company had just posted a new post over the weekend and it had some issues.  Well, I would like to look at it first in my Live Writer.  But unfortunately, I have no way of getting at her post!  If you look to the right in Live Writer in the right context menu all I can see is the following:

Open
    Drafts

Recent Posts

Well, what about my EXISTING posts!  How does one get to that so we can re-post and maybe fix some issues!  So you're telling me I have to post 3 fake posts just so that I get enough RECENT posts in order to THEN get the option to see the REST of my posts in my entire blog?

Common MS, how can you not see this usability issue!  It's major!
    C# Web Developer
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:50 PM

All replies

• Those recent and draft posts are local to the machine. If you have nothing in your Documents\My Weblog Posts\* folders, then you have nothing appearing in that section in Writer. If you wish to edit a post that has already been published, click on Open, select the blog in question and you should then get a list of the recent posts.
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    If my post has answered your question, please mark it as an answer.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 4:48 PM