Windows Live One Care Backup Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 Internal Hard Drives #2 Hard Drive is setup for Data Storage Drive. When I try to Backup Files with Windows Live One Care It does not give me the Option to backup to the #2 Hard Drive. It only gives me option to backup to CD-DVD Drive or External Hard Drive.

Why can't I backup to #2 Hard Drive? 

K Nobles

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Backup to an internal drive is not supported but there is a workaround in this post - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2582583&SiteID=2

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Hello

I'm running Windows XP. I tried the Work around with Map network Drive Left it At Z

When I tried to set it for Backup I get Message Saying, There is another Session Connected to the Drive etc. Windows must Close other Session Click Yes to Close But it Fails to close other Session. I must still be doing something Wrong.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 9:37 PM
  • I would probably not map the drive, but point to the Share this way:

\\computer\share\folder

-steve

Friday, November 7, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Hi.

I run Windows XP Home and am having the same problem. I would like to backup on to my own secondary internal hard drive. Can anyone tell me how to do it with XP? Thanks!!

Becca

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Hello Becca, see my post at the beginning of this thread to backup to an internal drive.

Monday, November 10, 2008 3:34 PM