How to untrack an email from CRm RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have CRM 2011 on premise and Outlook client.
    I have all incoming email which goes by default to CRM as well.

How to avoid this ?

How to untrack email ?

regards

Serge

Your knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:44 PM

Answers

• I am talking about the Track in CRM button in outlook.

If you select an email from your inbox or sent folder and click on Track in CRM button you will receive the message email is alredy tracked. This is the normal behaviour.

But you have to double click on email to open it, when email message is open click on track in CRM button.

You will receive a messge "You have chosen to no longer track this item" message click yes to remove tracking and delete message

It works for me, try this I am sure this will work

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:13 PM
  • ha ok, it works now, thats because I did not open the email I was just selecting it

Thnaks
    Serge

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi

for avoiding all email coming into your email box from going into CRM, goto Outlook and open CRM options. Under the tab for Email - choose the options as to what gets tracked in CRM.

You might also want to check what options are selected on the server and whether you are using Outlook to manage your emails or you have the email router installed. In case of the email router - you need to check the rules which are enebled for the email router.

The email ribbon should have an Untrack button (the track button would become an Untack Button once an email is tracked).

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

http://xrmadventures.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by AniMandal Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:49 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Hi Serge,

You can open the email and click on Track in CRM button again.

You will receive a pop up box asking for your permission to "you have choose no to track this message in CRM"

Click yes and your email is not tracked to CRM anymore.

This applies to other outlook records, like appointments, contacts, and tasks

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:34 PM
  • you are tolking about the button in CRM web page or in OUtlook Client ?

becasue in outlook client if I click again on a email which is already track, then he will tell me that it is already tracked

Then IN crm if I untrack an email, when I go back to outlook client, outlook still sees the email as tracked

wierd for me.

thnaks for help

serge

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:10 PM
  • I am talking about the Track in CRM button in outlook.

If you select an email from your inbox or sent folder and click on Track in CRM button you will receive the message email is alredy tracked. This is the normal behaviour.

But you have to double click on email to open it, when email message is open click on track in CRM button.

You will receive a messge "You have chosen to no longer track this item" message click yes to remove tracking and delete message

It works for me, try this I am sure this will work

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:13 PM
  • ha ok, it works now, thats because I did not open the email I was just selecting it

Thnaks
    Serge

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Thanks for the confirmation Serge

As I mentioned in my first email, this also works for other outlook items like Appointments, contacts, and tasks as well.

Have a nice day!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:31 PM