how to add link to retrieved data from CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,

can anyone help me? I've retrieved the titles of articles in CRM2011. what i need to do now is, the titles must me clickable and when i click it, it must show the content of specific article(which is also from CRM). it must be somewhat like searching in google... looking forward for your response...

thank you so much in advance..

regards,

ZHAi

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:57 AM

Answers

• when you retrieve the article titles, you'll also have to retrieve enough information to formulate the URL.  Take a look at the URL for one of the articles to determine all of the elements that you need.  Then dynamically pull whatever elements you need the same way or similar to the way you pulled the title and build out your URL using a combination of html tags, the elements you pulled and the other URL characters required.  There are most likely examples in the SDK and CRM Developer Toolkit as well.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:09 PM

All replies

• when you retrieve the article titles, you'll also have to retrieve enough information to formulate the URL.  Take a look at the URL for one of the articles to determine all of the elements that you need.  Then dynamically pull whatever elements you need the same way or similar to the way you pulled the title and build out your URL using a combination of html tags, the elements you pulled and the other URL characters required.  There are most likely examples in the SDK and CRM Developer Toolkit as well.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:09 PM
  • Let's try one solution. It may work for you.

Are you using onprem solution?

if yes, then there is one general URL for Article as below :-

http://<servername>:<portno>/<orgname>/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=127&id=<GUID of article object>

first try this approach manually by replacing the desired values in above URl and then you easily code around this URL as SDk provides you all required things in the above URL.

All the best.

Mohit Agrawal
    Monday, June 20, 2011 2:48 PM
  • good day..

thanks Donna and Agrawal...

i've made it using fetchxml :)

thanks again for the reply...

Friday, June 24, 2011 2:45 AM