none
Syncronizing by USB Flash between two PCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    I need to syncronize two PCs: one is WorkPC (it's at my work), and another HomePC at home. For syncronizing I try use SyncToy-2 and I use a USB-FLASH drive for curring data between work and home PCs.

In this case - StncToy doesn't working correctly!!!

When I create an equal folders on my WorkPC and on the USB-Flash drive and syncronizing it by SyncToy2 - all is correct. But when I go home and try to syncronize this folder on USB-Flash with equal folder on my HomePC - then SyncToy performs complete overvriting for each file and folder, but all of this is equal to files on WorkPC and not was changed. In this situation I using SyncToy2 installed both: my WorkPC and HomePC. On WorkPC was crearted one folder pair to syncronize a folder from Work HDD with Folder on Flash, and on HomePC also installed SyncToy with folder pair to syncronize one folder on home HDD with that USB-Flash folder which was syncronized to work folder.

The situation when users needs to syncronize two remote PCs by using USB Flash drive, is very - very often, and I need help: how it can be done?? If SyncToy not supporting this mode now, is it can be improved in next version to address this need?

Thanks!
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi -

I am guessing the Home and Work PC drives and NTFS and the USB flash drive is FAT. Have you let the overwrite happen once and after that checked to see if you can continue to use the flash drive without having to sync all files a second time?

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 8:25 PM