Windows Live OneCare blocking access to vSide. RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

It seems like Windows Live OneCare is blocking access to vSide. I havn't had any trouble out of it till they updated vSide and I had to download it. All I do is click on vSide and it pops up a firewall asking if i want to allow vSide to access the internet or block it from accessing the internet, and I click to let it access the internet but when vSide pops up it still says Couldn't connect to vSide. Please make sure you have connection to the internet. And I do have connection to the internet. I've had Windows Live OneCare and vSide about the same time and they've updated vSide alot of times and i've havn't had any trouble, so is there anyway you can help?

Thanks,

bggb002

Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:48 AM

All replies

• I don't know what vSide is, but if you disable the OneCare firewall temporarily, does the program work as expected?

Note that when a program needs access and OneCare prompts, it will already have been blocked. Allowing it at that point, means that it is now allowed for the *next* time it requires access. If the program has a different signature at that second attempt, it will be blocked once again and you'll be prompted again - a vicious circle.

-steve

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:51 PM