File Synchronization On WinCE device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need some help with doing something like this:

I have a device running on WinCE which needs to sync files with a server running on WinXP. I would like to write a sync application to do this synchronizing for which I would need a port of Microsoft Sync Framework on WinCE and a synchronization provider.

Can anyone please tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Durgesh Nayak.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:01 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Monday, December 8, 2008 10:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Although we do have a CTP of Windows Mobile support it does not currently have a File Sync provider implemented for it.  However using some of our samples included with the core SDK it certainly is possible to create one.

Windows Mobile CTP Download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7c01a89-9af8-4eee-ab04-6a3ad098a03f&DisplayLang=en

Liam

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:07 PM
  • in this moment i'm already working on a fileprovider to sync files from desktop to mobile device. I'm on testing now and it works. if finished i post it here.

Friday, December 12, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Hi Liam

I have not been able to download the CTP for a long time now. The file size is 1.1 MB but somehow the downloaded file always is of 243KB. Also can you please give me some concrete advice or point me to some articles that demonstrate extending the sync framework for devices.

Thanks

Durgesh.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Hi Steffen

Please let me know once you are done...it would help me a lot.

Thanks
    Durgesh.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 2:03 PM
  • Durgesh

That is really odd.  I just tried downloading the CTP and it did work for me.  Can you try one more time and if it does not work email me at FirstName.LastName@microsoft.com and I will send it to you?

Liam Cavanagh

Friday, December 12, 2008 4:25 PM