Server side sync and Outlook client RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find documentation or discussion about manually tracking/set regarding items, and accessing information in the CRM preview pane on a tracked email items when server side sync is enabled for email.

Scenario:Office 365 - Exchange and CRM.  Server side sync enabled and functioning for a given users mailbox. The user uses OL with the CRm client configured. Emails tracked by server side sync show CRM icon in OL indicating they are tracked. These emails can be located in CRM as expected, linked appropriately to the correct contacts.

When viewing the the email in OL, the CRM preview pane is empty and "View in CRM" button is dim - there is no way to quickly access the associated records. Also,clicking and setting a set regarding value and/or clicking track do nothing to change this - preview still blank.

After disabling server side sync for the user, OL and the CRM client behave as as expected.

I thought I understood that with server side sync, I would still be able to manually track an use the preview pane.

I was told by support that this is a known bug that is being worked on. I haven't been able to find any mention of this anywhere else.

Has anyone else heard of this bug, or, can anyone shed light on the expected functionality?

Thanks

Monday, June 30, 2014 10:20 AM

All replies

• Bump - Nothing?
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 12:01 AM
  • Same issue here which is very annoying as this has been around now for 8 months or so.

Using on premise with local Exchange, same behaviour.

Seems that this is a black art and they are mutually exclusive, it's either or, not both.

Turned on a 'group' mailbox (customer services) for a queue last week using SSS and outlook showed the e-mails being tracked and linked to contacts, etc. Perfect. An hour later, it all disappeared...

Very disappointing.

If anyone has this working, would love to know how you have this set up. I thought this would have more attention than it does, which probably says that most users are on 2011 with the e-mail router, which we have never used.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback. I am surprised there is not more discussion about this.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:25 AM