none
Clicking links here opens IE from Firefox?

Question

• My main browser is firefox. When I click on links in this forum, IE opens with the requested page. It wasn't like this 'before'. I don't experience this behavior with any website other than this forum.

Is this a deliberate 'feature' of these forums? Does everyone else experience this? Or is there something strange about my firefox. Again I don't see this behavior with other sites just here.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:26 AM

Answers

• Every link here other than 'reply' opens in IE. Even the 'login' link opens IE.

Do you have any IE tab extensions installed? I can't replicate your issue either.

• Marked as answer by rusticloud Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Looks some other issue to me... I'm working on Chrome and its working perfectly fine on my end... You can try Chrome and check once; also try running Chrome with "--disable-extensions" switch...

Try starting FireFox in safe mode - Click the menu button, click help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.... that should make it work fine if there is any browser extension causing any issue.

Shobhit Deep <br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:15 PM

All replies

• Hi rusticloud,

This forum is for Developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Access, your issue is more related with this forum. I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:44 AM
  • I tried a bunch of links from the forums in Firefox, but they all opened for me in Firefox. Can you perhaps give an example link that opens in IE for you?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:01 AM
  • Every link here other than 'reply' opens in IE. Even the 'login' link opens IE.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:00 AM

Do you have any IE tab extensions installed? I can't replicate your issue either.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Looks some other issue to me... I'm working on Chrome and its working perfectly fine on my end... You can try Chrome and check once; also try running Chrome with "--disable-extensions" switch...

Try starting FireFox in safe mode - Click the menu button, click help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.... that should make it work fine if there is any browser extension causing any issue.

Shobhit Deep <br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:15 PM
  • Yeah, I do have an 'Open in IE' add on installed, and in safe mode the misbehavior is missing. Odd that only this site has the issue. Thanks for the suggestion...I am relieved that it's not a designed behavior of this website.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:38 PM
  • You're welcome. Check the options or settings of the extension, it's likely that this site was added to a list of sites to be automatically opened using IE.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:51 PM