Website not indexed on MSN. RRS feed

• Question

• I signed up for msn webmaster tools. Since my signup, of domain makeitactive.com, it has not been crawled for about 3 weeks. Did signing up cause this or did I submit a bad sitemap or something?
    • Edited by CAMiA Monday, March 9, 2009 3:50 PM
    • Moved by Brett Yount Monday, March 9, 2009 4:02 PM (Moved from Webmaster Tools to Crawling/Indexing Feedback and Discussion)
    Monday, February 23, 2009 11:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think it is probably a coincidence. You could update your sitemap with the <changefreq> date set to daily. That may help trigger a recrawl.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by CAMiA Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:07 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:53 PM
  • The sitemap is set to daily because I change pages almost on a daily basis. I also updated the language to EN_us instead of EN_gb (which is what it was set to for some reason).

Thank you for explaining that anyway. I just want to make sure I have done everything right on my part. I spent a great deal of time in htaccess, php files, etc. and doing everything the right way. Google crawls my site every other day, so 3 weeks seemed like a long time.

• Edited by CAMiA Monday, March 9, 2009 3:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:08 PM
  • It is still not being crawled, I'm confused, I have done everything I was supposed to and it's been close to a month since my website was crawled.
    • Edited by CAMiA Monday, March 9, 2009 3:51 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Brett,

You seem to be the man here, at least the moderator that addresses the issues the most. Anyway, please tell me if there is something I have done wrong, or what the problem is. My site has not been indexed for a month now. The frequency is set to daily, I regularly chang content, add faqs, fix spelling errors, and whatever else I need to do on my site. I have created many 301's when needed (I went from dynamic urls to static) and I have pretty much done everything for my website and it's just not being crawled. It's crawled a lot from google and yahoo, but live is pretty much ignoring my site...
    digitalmaster
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

could you please provide your domain name and I will take a look?

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, March 9, 2009 3:42 PM
  • http://www.makeitactive.com

Thanks Brett!
    Monday, March 9, 2009 3:46 PM
  • I just checked and it say's it was crawled this weekend, which is great, but only 1 page was indexed. If there are any issues I can fix, please let me know.
    Monday, March 9, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

I show we have 4 pages indexed:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Amakeitactive.com&FORM=OSDSRC

Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, March 20, 2009 6:40 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 6:40 PM