Connecting WHS with Netgear EVA8000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Is there anybody out there who could give me help connecting a netgear eva8000 system to my home server system (tranquil pc sqa-5h).

I've recently reinstalled WHS so all the settings on there are pretty much as default.

Im trying to do a wired connection to the eva8000 system, the eva8000 doesn't seem to find the server and the server is informing me that there is limited or no connectivity on the network connection.

Is there something that i should be configuring with WHS to allow the systems to view one another?, like i've said the settings are pretty much the default ones, and i was kinda assuming that it would be a case of plug'n'play.

Also note i can connect (wired) to my main desktop PC, using WHS connect and via remote desktop.

Thanks in advance
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:29 PM

Answers

• They are being connected directly from one device to the other, and yes the "limted or no connectivity" is indicated only when the eva800 is plugged in.

That's your problem.  You need to plug both devices into a router (or switch if you have a router elsewhere in your LAN) so they will be assigned IP addresses and can communicate with each other.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

Is there anybody out there who could give me help connecting a netgear eva8000 system to my home server system (tranquil pc sqa-5h).

I've recently reinstalled WHS so all the settings on there are pretty much as default.

Im trying to do a wired connection to the eva8000 system, the eva8000 doesn't seem to find the server and the server is informing me that there is limited or no connectivity on the network connection.

Is there something that i should be configuring with WHS to allow the systems to view one another?, like i've said the settings are pretty much the default ones, and i was kinda assuming that it would be a case of plug'n'play.

Also note i can connect (wired) to my main desktop PC, using WHS connect and via remote desktop.

Thanks in advance
    Are you plugging both devices into a router/switch, or are you running a network cable directly from one device to the other?  Do you only get the "limited or no connectivity" on the server when the eva8000 is plugged in?
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 3:04 PM
  • They are being connected directly from one device to the other, and yes the "limted or no connectivity" is indicated only when the eva800 is plugged in.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:04 PM

That's your problem.  You need to plug both devices into a router (or switch if you have a router elsewhere in your LAN) so they will be assigned IP addresses and can communicate with each other.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Cool thanks, i've connected them all through the router and it's all working now.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 8:18 PM