My account is ineligible to login RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that my Windows Live ID provile had my age set to 9 years old and I updated my birthday in the account.   I tried setting up Mesh again and I am still getting the same message.  How can I fix this problem?  Does Microsoft need to update my Windows Live ID to correct the problem?

Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:23 PM

Answers

• I don't know the answer to your question, but suggest that you create and use a different LiveID to set up Live Mesh. It is possible that once the LiveID is matched into Live Mesh for the initial validation, that changing the information on account.live.com will not update Live Mesh. That would be a bug, if true.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:26 PM

All replies

• I don't know the answer to your question, but suggest that you create and use a different LiveID to set up Live Mesh. It is possible that once the LiveID is matched into Live Mesh for the initial validation, that changing the information on account.live.com will not update Live Mesh. That would be a bug, if true.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:26 PM
  • I was able to log into mesh with the new account, however, I've been using the same Windows Live ID for over a decade.  How do I fix my original account?
    Friday, March 26, 2010 12:47 AM
  • I was able to log into mesh with the new account, however, I've been using the same Windows Live ID for over a decade.  How do I fix my original account?

As I noted in my prior reply, I don't know the answer to that. You might want to try LiveID support via http://windowslivehelp.com for that, but I suspect you are stuck for now if my suspicion about the account relationship with Live Mesh is correct. If Ken or someone from the Live Mesh team checks in here, they may be able to help or answer, but for now, I recommend just using the new LiveID for Live Mesh.

-steve

Friday, March 26, 2010 12:23 PM