[SqlExpress SyncProvider] How can I skip SyncStage.GettingDeletes RRS feed

• Question

• I've two tables set for bidirectional sync, named Items and ItemPrices. I have added SPROCs, made schema changes etc. as in the demo project released by Sync framework team. My appication wont be deleting any data from either of these tables nor I have implemented any tombstone table. I have also not added SelectIncrementalDeletesCommand for both of the SyncAdapter. How can I ask sync framework to skip getting deletes?

Currently I'm getting "The method or operation is not implemented." exception message after SyncStage.GettingUpdates. Any pointers on this issue?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 5:03 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:21 PM

Answers

•  

You cannot bypass the select deletes phase. Best solution would be to have a dummy command that returns 0 rows.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:40 AM

All replies

•  

You cannot bypass the select deletes phase. Best solution would be to have a dummy command that returns 0 rows.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:40 AM
  • Thank you maheshwaran. It worked.

Now I've issues like in my bidirectional setup changes are propagated only from Client to Server and not vice versa. Let me look up this forum for some clues.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 4:31 AM