Scheduled Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have just installed sync toy to sync a database between 2 machines.

I want to run it on a scheduled task to run the sync whenever i log in. I have set this up and it works to a degree. It seems from googling my problem that if the files changes are to small it will avoid copying them.

It shows in a DOS window for a brief second: Avoided copying files xxxxx bytes.

I need any changes to copy across. Is this not possible? Seems that if i am to run the sync manually through the interface then it will find and make the changes.

any help would be great. thanks
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

Ok so i fixed the problem. thanks for your help. First of all I didnt have 'check all file contents' ticked within synctoy. (I ticked this first of all, may have no baring on the outcome)

Secondly I did as you asked and the commandline worked - synced the database file that orginally wasnt being copied across.

So as a quick soultion i created a .bat file with that commandline and created a different scheduled task. I tested by logging on and off a few times each time changing the details within my database.

This worked for me.

Thanks for your help!
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenzii,
         Could you have a try to run the command(you put in the task scheduler) just from a command window? Take a look if this also happen? And also please have a try to run with administrator privilege too. If through all of these way, it avoid copy any file, but when you run through UI, there are changes, just let me know, and please share me the log.
    For getting logs, please change the log configuration file firstly, change the trace level value to "Verbose". The configuration file locates at [systemdriver]:\program files\synctoy 2.1\SyncToy.config .

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Edited by Ping Lu Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:47 PM Correct config file path info
    Saturday, January 9, 2010 8:32 AM
  • Hi there,

Ok so i fixed the problem. thanks for your help. First of all I didnt have 'check all file contents' ticked within synctoy. (I ticked this first of all, may have no baring on the outcome)

Secondly I did as you asked and the commandline worked - synced the database file that orginally wasnt being copied across.

So as a quick soultion i created a .bat file with that commandline and created a different scheduled task. I tested by logging on and off a few times each time changing the details within my database.

This worked for me.

Thanks for your help!
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:10 PM