none
Downloading MSDN Pages

Question

• So I'm taking a vacation this Tuesday and it'd be a road trip. Folks are driving, obviously (don't drive and study kids). I wont have internet access. I did this with another webpage before, but I forgotten how.  I'm learning C# as my first programming language and I want to download the C# programming guide pages with the contents (I.E class/properties, Generics guide, etc.). So, is it possible to download these links to view them offline? Thank you.                

Apologies for this being in the wrong forum. I don't know where to put this.

• Moved by litdev Friday, April 29, 2016 1:38 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 12:15 PM

Answers

• I'd try them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

my suggestion would be to check out the Visual Studio offline help. If you have Visual Studio installed, then you can go to Help -> Add and Remove Help Content

Questions regarding Visual Studio Help should be asked inside the Visual Studio General Questions Forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, April 29, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

You can use the 'Export' button in the upper right hand corner. You'll need to select everything you want, but that should do what you're after.

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I should've worded it better. I want to be able to download MSDN's C# programming guide webpage with it contents, so I can view them offline. I'll try the IE/Edge forums.

Good day,

This is a bit old thread, but (1) I am trying to clean the forum by marking old threads that got answer and did not marked as answer, therefore I am going back a bit. (2) As much as I see there is no answer here and in my opinion the solution that the OP choose IE/Edge forums is bad. This issue has nothing to do with the browser... so for future people that might come to this thread:

Q: I want to be able to download MSDN's C# programming guide webpage with it contents, so I can view them offline.

A: All the Microsoft Books-Online can be download for offline use. The procedure is different from version to version, and from topic to topic, and from app to app. For example using new versions of Visual Studio there is a simple built-in option: Help ->  "Add and remove content options".

Once you select it, a window will be opened with the option to choose the documentation that you want to download locally. for example in the image bellow you can see that there is option to choose C#, but keep reading...

In my opinion these books-online do not fit to learn but more fit for specific questions or getting the official information on specific element/issue. For learning I will recommend to find a good tutorial book that lead us from start to end (well... there is no end for learning but you probably got what i mean)

* The bellow link show how to download all versions of the Books-Online for sql server management studio. The procedure for VS in the new versions is the same as in SSMS 2016, which is base on VS shell.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/29908.sql-server-books-online.aspx

** Moreover! 

All the documentation can be directly download using the built-in "Export" option:

1. Login to the website

2. go to the page that you want to download.

On the right upper corner you should see options for: Print, Export, and Share

3. click "Export"

You will get full instructions on the next steps, and there is an button to "Start" exporting.

* You can go directly to this page with the instructions:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/export/help/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, September 12, 2016 1:56 PM

All replies

• I'd try them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge?

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

my suggestion would be to check out the Visual Studio offline help. If you have Visual Studio installed, then you can go to Help -> Add and Remove Help Content

Questions regarding Visual Studio Help should be asked inside the Visual Studio General Questions Forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, April 29, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

You can use the 'Export' button in the upper right hand corner. You'll need to select everything you want, but that should do what you're after.

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:11 PM
  • In summary it depends what you're after. If you're asking generally about saving web content for offline use then the IE/Edge forums. If specific to VS help content then I'd ask in the visual studio forums.

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I should've worded it better. I want to be able to download MSDN's C# programming guide webpage with it contents, so I can view them offline. I'll try the IE/Edge forums.
    • Edited by baba_944 Friday, April 29, 2016 6:41 PM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 6:41 PM
  • Not a problem, sounds good then.

Friday, April 29, 2016 8:48 PM

Good day,

This is a bit old thread, but (1) I am trying to clean the forum by marking old threads that got answer and did not marked as answer, therefore I am going back a bit. (2) As much as I see there is no answer here and in my opinion the solution that the OP choose IE/Edge forums is bad. This issue has nothing to do with the browser... so for future people that might come to this thread:

Q: I want to be able to download MSDN's C# programming guide webpage with it contents, so I can view them offline.

A: All the Microsoft Books-Online can be download for offline use. The procedure is different from version to version, and from topic to topic, and from app to app. For example using new versions of Visual Studio there is a simple built-in option: Help ->  "Add and remove content options".

Once you select it, a window will be opened with the option to choose the documentation that you want to download locally. for example in the image bellow you can see that there is option to choose C#, but keep reading...

In my opinion these books-online do not fit to learn but more fit for specific questions or getting the official information on specific element/issue. For learning I will recommend to find a good tutorial book that lead us from start to end (well... there is no end for learning but you probably got what i mean)

* The bellow link show how to download all versions of the Books-Online for sql server management studio. The procedure for VS in the new versions is the same as in SSMS 2016, which is base on VS shell.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/29908.sql-server-books-online.aspx

** Moreover! 

All the documentation can be directly download using the built-in "Export" option:

1. Login to the website

2. go to the page that you want to download.

On the right upper corner you should see options for: Print, Export, and Share

3. click "Export"

You will get full instructions on the next steps, and there is an button to "Start" exporting.

* You can go directly to this page with the instructions:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/export/help/

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, September 12, 2016 1:56 PM