ATI drivers for 780G chipset RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows home server running with an Asus M3A-H/HDMI motherboard based on the 780G chipset. Has anyone found drivers that work well with this chipset?

I'm getting BSOD's as soon as I install the drivers. (I tried catalyst 8.6 and 8.7). Without them everything is rock solid. One of the latest BSOD's seems to have corrupted my user profile so I'm reinstalling now.

Thanks,

Mart
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Mart

I'm going to buy the Asus M3A78 pro, which has the same chipset. You don't have to install any drivers, because whs is meant to be in a headless pc, the less drivers you install the best. WHS installs the generic drivers automaticaly, the vga mode.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Mart

I'm going to buy the Asus M3A78 pro, which has the same chipset. You don't have to install any drivers, because whs is meant to be in a headless pc, the less drivers you install the best. WHS installs the generic drivers automaticaly, the vga mode.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:42 PM
  • Hi PTwhs08,

I realise that. However I want to use some power management features. Mainly suspend. These are not available with standard drivers. I don't need (or want) this thing running 24/7 but I do want it available quickly if I use of my other PC's.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 1:48 PM