Enterprise voice problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everbody

I'm a student working on a labsetup:

OCSClient(s)->OCSServer->MediationServer->CallManager6->Cisco ipphone

The goal of this setup is to make a phonecall between my OCSclient and a Cisco 7940 ipphone.

Now I have a question and a problem.
    First the question. My Ciscophones are using numbers 1.XX and I want my OCSclients to use numbers 2.XX
    So at the tab "Location profiles" in the Forest-Voice Properties I've added a normalization rule for the number 1.XX --> ^1\d{1}\d+)$

I've used this  location profile as default location profile on my Mediation Server.
    Is this correct? On the "routes" tabpages I entered nothing.

My OCSusers are working properly when I make calls between them.

So the next thing I do is configure the OCSusers to enable Enterprise Voice.
    In my case, do I have to check the Enable PBX integration or not?

Going on the fact that I don't check the PBX integration box I enter tel:201 in the Line URI textbox.
    Going from the fact that I check the PBX integration box I enter tel:201 in the line ure textbox and nothing in the Server URI textbox.

So when I enable these settings and I want to make a phonecall between my OCSclients then I get the "Call not completed or had ended" error with ID18.
    I get the same error when I want to call to my ciscophone (105).

When the enterprise voice function is disabled on the OCSusers I can verify the SIPcommunication with Wireshark.
    When I enable the enterprice voice function I don't see any packets between the OCSclients.
    When I try to call with my ciscophone to my OCSclient(201) I get the host unreachable error.

I think that I am making an OCS configuration fault. But until now I couldn't find the problem.

Maybe you guys could give me some help?

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:13 PM

Answers

• Problem is solved. I can perfectly make calls between my ocs client and a ciscophone via the callmanager and mediationserver. Calling from the ciscophone to a ocsclient is also not a problem.
    • Marked as answer by m.voet Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:54 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:53 AM

All replies

• Problem is solved. I can perfectly make calls between my ocs client and a ciscophone via the callmanager and mediationserver. Calling from the ciscophone to a ocsclient is also not a problem.
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:53 AM
  • Excellent. Care to share your resolution in case someone else runs into the same problem?  Thanks.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:41 PM
  • Yes, I will make a guide for this. But since I speak dutch it's kind of hard to write it in english. But I will try.
    • Proposed as answer by Cherry3010 Monday, February 16, 2009 6:02 AM
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:43 PM
  • hi,
    i have done a direct sip integration of cucm 6.1 with mediation server. can you help me with the calls from cucm to oc client. i can make calls the other way
    Monday, February 2, 2009 7:42 PM
  • Make sure you have MTP's configured and selected on the trunk on CCM. Check the callmanager configuration guide on how to setup callmaanger resources to do this. Its pretty simple and will work fine for little loads.

Cheers

Chris

Chris http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 3:37 PM
  • m.voet said:

Yes, I will make a guide for this. But since I speak dutch it's kind of hard to write it in english. But I will try.

Hello!
    At me the same problem as you described! How you have solved it? Can tell. It is desirable stage by stage.
    Thanks.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:02 AM