Microsoft End-User License Agreement RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a "new" computer. The IS/IT person reformatted the hard drive last night and had to reinstall all of the software. It's got XP Professional. I have two issues:

1. there is a "mechanical" beep everytime a pop up window opens. That MUST stop. I had an Admin use the No Sounds settings and tried disabling the system speaker. I'm not logged in as an Admin though. Does that make a difference?

2. Every time I open Word, I have to click Agree to the Microsoft End-User License Agreement. That also must stop. However, there are no instructions on how to get it to stop that I can find. It'd sure be nice if there was a way to accept the terms ONE time.

I'm sure it'd be beneficial to know how this computer is set up, but I have no idea, and the IS/IT person is really the office manager, so I'm not sure about her qualifications either.

HELP!!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:58 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem described in #2 - EULA pop up every time an office application starts (office small business 2003).  I have the same version from same disc installed on a win xp home PC that doesn't have the recurring pop up, but on my new Vista Home Premium PC, the pop up occurs every time word/excel/etc opens.  Very annoying, and if anyone knows a solution it would be very helpful....

EDIT:  spent the past hr or so looking into this problem.  the one that fixed it in the end is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202/en-us#top

~CNCN
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:41 AM