How to clone a quote entity with quote details? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Everyone,

Can anyone pls tell me how to clone a quote along with quote details. I came across quite a no of blogs explaining about cloning but none of them had a solution to clone the child entity as well.

My requirement is simple, when I click the clone button another quote entity should be created along with the quote details.
    Is it possible using Jscript webservices at the server side? If yes pls let me know the link to it....

Regards
    Sunny
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:19 PM

All replies

• Child entity cloning has to be a part of the parent cloning process, and the method of copying all the values from the originals is identical to what's done with the parent.  You may use Javascript at the client to do this, using Web Services calls via SOAP.  To duplicate the children, you would obviously have to Query for them, which you may find some code helpful with .  Javascript doesn't run at the server side, so you'd instead be looking at a Plugin or custom Workflow activity to process it.

Javascript SOAP functions for this would at least be able to report the new record's id, and you could use the solution here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/486a2c77-8e2e-42f4-9622-8583fd415b82 to display it alongside your original record.
    Dave Berry
    Monday, November 23, 2009 9:05 PM