Subscription Renewal RRS feed

• Question

• I bought WLOC almost a year ago. Now it's telling me that I have to "Renew" it.

Can't I just renew it and get billed or something? I don't have a credit card, nor did I buy WOC with a credit card. I paid cash.

What are my options?

J

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:07 PM

Answers

•  OneShotOneKill wrote:

I bought WLOC almost a year ago. Now it's telling me that I have to "Renew" it.

Can't I just renew it and get billed or something? I don't have a credit card, nor did I buy WOC with a credit card. I paid cash.

What are my options?

J

Right now there in a middle of a billing bug with the service.

On december 18th a lot of accounts expired for no reason other than this glitch in the system. I'm on the 90 day trial myself with new key I bought from best buy But I'm holding off till the bug is fixed.

If your account is 12 months old and it's time to renew and your account has not fallen under the glitch you just goto best buy or your local software retailer and buy one care if it's installed you just click renew and enter the new key.

But right now the billing and subscription system a big mess right now.  

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:22 PM

All replies

•  OneShotOneKill wrote:

I bought WLOC almost a year ago. Now it's telling me that I have to "Renew" it.

What are my options?

J

Right now there in a middle of a billing bug with the service.

On december 18th a lot of accounts expired for no reason other than this glitch in the system. I'm on the 90 day trial myself with new key I bought from best buy But I'm holding off till the bug is fixed.

If your account is 12 months old and it's time to renew and your account has not fallen under the glitch you just goto best buy or your local software retailer and buy one care if it's installed you just click renew and enter the new key.

But right now the billing and subscription system a big mess right now.  

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:22 PM
  • Ok, Thanks.

So, basically I just have to buy it again and Input the new Key when I get it home. That's easy enough. And I've got until Jan. 19th too. No problem. By then, hopefully they'll have their own problems taken care of, ie Billing, etc.

*Do you think they'll ever give you a button to press if you just want to perform any number of different tasks on OneCare? Like "Start Tune-up and then shutdown". Wouldn't it be great to just click that and then turn off your monitor and go to sleep, knowing that it'll do it and shutdown?

Wonder if anyone else ever thunk of it. :-)

J

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:31 PM
  • My Idea is to get the performance of the tune-up and scan engine up far enough and fast enough also fix the hangs wloc has with compressed and installer files so that it completes these task with in a users Bed time so you don't have to leave the computer up all night wasting electricity or watch the slow scan take all night just to make sure

Tune up should be no more than a 4hr task that's with a system with large drives too

a complete Virus scan & spyware scan should only take a hour at the most and not stall on large files like it does now.

those rules met there be no need for a auto shut down or sleep mode. Maybe something you might want to bring up in the next round of wloc beta when they happen.  

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:41 PM
  • Back to the renewal question, you can renew with a retail key at any time by going to http://billing.microsoft.com and clicking renew for your OneCare subscription and then selecting the option to renew with a PIN (it might be called Token or key). It will extend your subscription by 12 months from the original expiration.

The Billing problem Mikro referred to was fixed today.

-steve

Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:32 AM