Uploading to Photosynth causes ICE to crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am trying to use your program Microsoft ICE and I have been able to in the past upload my 360 panoramas but recently I have been not been able to.  I get the panorama ready and then click on the “Publish to Web…” button and it starts to composite to Photosynth and when it gets to 27% it freezes and  crashes instantly. 

I am stitching a video and when it crashes I get the an Pop up window stating the following: 

Microsoft Image Composite Editor has stopped working. 

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

When I click on close program it shuts the program down.  Here is a little more information about what computer I am running it on (in case you need it):

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit Service Pack 1

4 GB of Ram installed

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 66 @3.33GHz 3.33 GHz

ATI Radeon HD 4550

I am currently in a middle of a project that is needed to be complete here at my work but this is preventing me from finishing it.  So any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:12 PM

All replies

• Sorry that you are seeing this. I don't think that I have seen this particular bug report before. Can you reproduce this from an ICE project file (.spj)?  Are you using the "regions to preserve" rectangles when importing the video? 
    Monday, February 27, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Yes I can reproduce this error with an ICE project file and I am also using about 4 or 5 "regions to preserve" rectangles when importing the video.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Could you try it without the "regions to preserve" and see if it reproduces? Around 27% is where ICE is making the selection of what images to use at every pixel of the composite, so I'm suspecting this.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:55 PM
  • Yes without the "regions to preserve it will allow it to upload to photosynth, but unfortanally I need the "regions to preserve" to fix a couple of issue.  Is there any fix for this that I can apply? 

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:00 PM
  • It would be interesting to get your data so that we can debug this.  But, in the meantime my suggestion is to try turning on the regions one by one.  Hopefully it is just one that is causing this.  When you identify the bad one then try moving it up/down/left/right a bit to perhaps avoid the issue.
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:19 AM
  • I tried your suggestion on just trying each one at a time and then if it crashes then moving the region.  Here is what happen trying each of the regions one at a time and each one cause it to crash.  I tried moving them up/down/left/right a little bit and still no success.  I am more than willing to help out with getting data on this for you to debug I just need to know what you need from me and I can provide it to you.  Just let me know.  Thanks.
    Monday, March 5, 2012 2:26 PM
  • I think i have this same issue, but with a simple New Panorama, that loads about 40.jpgs.  

When I pressed Publish, it crashed at 29% "compositing for photosynth..." -  Export to Disk succeeds consistently though, go figure why it  fails only "on publish". 

The odd thing is that if i used the "adjust projection icon" next to the crop icon and  drag it a bit to the left (maybe 30% rotation of perspective), it started to work!    that seems like non-invasive easy work around...   

Sunday, July 22, 2012 6:38 PM