Using Linq to concatonate xml files. Is thsi correct? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm trying to concatonate multiple xml files into one file. I had the option to do this through xml and xsl routines but I read that it could be done using Linq which I want to learn about. The problem I am having is that the method fails at a point with no error but no result either and I wanted to check to see if I'm doing things correctly:

The code :

List<XDocument> processingList = new List<XDocument>(); //processed list containing the files to be concatonated
    foreach (XMLHandler xdoc in activeQuestions)
     {
      processingList.Add(XDocument.Load(xdoc.translatorLocation.ToString() + ".xml"));
     }

if (processingList.Count > 1)
     {
       for (int i = 1; i < processingList.Count; i++)
       var finalList = processingList[i - 1].Descendants("AllNodes").Union(processingList[i].Descendants("AllNodes"));
      }

var finalList never seems to have an output, any ideas why?

• Moved by Harry Zhu Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:13 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Friday, May 21, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The question relating to linq is beyond the scope of this forum, I suggest you try this forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/linqprojectgeneral/threads/

Thanks,

Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:11 AM
  • This was moved out of the C# forum.

I can move it into a specific XML or Linq forum if you'd like.

This is regarding your code:

List<XDocument> processingList = new List<XDocument>(); //processed list containing the files to be concatonated
     {
      processingList.Add(XDocument.Load(xdoc.translatorLocation.ToString() + ".xml"));
     }

{
       var finalList = processingList[i - 1].Descendants("AllNodes").Union(processingList[i].Descendants("AllNodes"));
      }

Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The question relating to linq is beyond the scope of this forum, I suggest you try this forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/linqprojectgeneral/threads/

Thanks,

Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:11 AM
  • This was moved out of the C# forum.

I can move it into a specific XML or Linq forum if you'd like.

This is regarding your code:

{
     }

{
      }

Thanks!
    Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:20 AM