Credit card payments - automate balance due? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm sure I must be missing something really simple here. I use Money v14 to track my personal finances. At the moment, when I add an item to my credit card account, I also need to edit the future bill in order to reflect the amount outstanding. Is there a way to automate this, i.e. to tell Money that I always pay my card off in full, so it should grab the account balance and use that as the future bill amount?

Monday, February 14, 2011 9:01 AM

All replies

• That was on my Money Wish List since about v. 3. Sadly, they never added that feature. You can play around with the Debt Reduction Planner which can maybe get close to this functionality, but I long ago decided that it caused more problems than it solved. I've just gone to using "Estimate based on last 12 instances." That helps the Cash Flow Forecast stay better. But it's not nearly as good as what you are asking for would be. And when I have to Nuke The Bills (something you cannot do in v14) it screws up that average for months to come.

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Did you set up your Debt Redustion Planner? If not, you will ned to do this. Let me know if you need help this.

Cindy

Cindy
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:23 PM