CRM2011 UR16 Pre and Post upgrade guidelines RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to upgrade CRM2011 on-premise server to UR16. Currently, it is running on UR13. Before pushing UR16 what testing would you recommend that I should perform?

Could you possibly tell me the differences between the 2 rollups / provide me some guidance on what I should look for to test? There must be Pre and Post upgrade checklist items and some guidelines of what features should I test before applying UR16.

Thanks.

Saturday, February 14, 2015 11:26 AM

Answers

• As with any update or upgrade, I would recommend regression testing in a QA environment that has the update (UR 16 in your case) applied. That way, you can test out that the update works for your environment BEFORE you apply it to production. I would focus on the areas in CRM that you use, that need to work properly after the update (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service).

Here is Microsoft's KB article page for what has changed for CRM 2011 UR 16. I would also recommend searching for the KB article pages for UR 14 and UR 15, so you can review the list of what has changed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872369

Good luck!

Monday, February 16, 2015 2:14 AM