the web service detected potentially dangerous data in the incoming request RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the same issue on a Dolphin 7850. It did let me upload a file once and then it's been giving me this error- "the web service detected potentially dangerous data in the incoming request. . ."  (It's a .pdb file I'm trying to send.) A .txt file sends just fine.

I didn't install the cab just navigated to m.mesh.com.

Anyone know of a work around?
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your post.  The message you're receiving is generated from Internet Information Services, not from Live Mesh.  The Live Mesh for Mobile Team is aware of the issue, however, since it is external to Mesh there is not an announced ETA at this time.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies

• Have you tried renaming the file on the device - perhaps add ".safe" to the end of the file to get it to the Live Desktop? Can you upload that file from a PC to the Live Desktop without issue?

I assume this is a Palm Document File - http://filext.com/file-extension/PDB

I wonder if this is a disallowed file type.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:47 PM
  • Thanks for your post.  The message you're receiving is generated from Internet Information Services, not from Live Mesh.  The Live Mesh for Mobile Team is aware of the issue, however, since it is external to Mesh there is not an announced ETA at this time.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:52 PM