none
Lost alerts again. RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any sort of debugging routine I can put on my account or anything?

I lost my alerts again.

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Susan, was only the alert settings what you lost? All other settings stayed the same?

Is there something you did that you think could have made this to happen?

I would like to get a repro on our testing environments so that we can address this but I need more information.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:48 AM
  • I just lost the email settings.  I can't think of anything I did.  I just suddenly realize that I've not seen an alert when I go back to a forum and realize that someone has posted back.

I consistently use IE9/Win7 as my platform.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Hi Susan, what might have happened is that the “Configure Alerts” section of the settings page is modified using JavaScript based on if the email address has been registered, if you clear your browser cache and access your settings using a slow connection you will notice that the text box for entering the emails are shown and later it switches to the message allowing you unsubscribe and change the email.

There were some cache issues with .js and css files after the last release. I guess that your browser failed to download that .js file and so the switch to the proper UI never happened.

If that happens again, please try clearing your cache and refreshing the page to see if it gets fixed. Otherwise let me know.

Thanks

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:32 AM
  • I'm not understanding?  I'm not accessing the page when the settings drop off.  I just suddenly notice that someone has posted on a thread where I have an alert and it hits me that I didn't get an alert.  I look at the last time I got an alert and it's hours ago.  I go into settings to check if my email address is there and it's not.

When I lose these alerts, I'm not aware that I've done anything on my side to trigger it?

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:39 AM
  • Sorry to hear you had that issue. We haven't got a repro but we will keep an eye on it.

Thank you.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Is there any sort of debugging routine I can put on my account or anything?

I lost my alerts again.

AGAIN??? Is this like the 10th time????

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:27 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed, as it seems you have a repro, can you please ping me through the internal IM to get some information to see if we can repro this in our test environments?

Community Forums QA

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:52 AM
  • Susan, still an issue? Any more info?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:23 AM
    Owner