Receiving "The Systems administrator has set polices to prevent this installation" Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am attemtpemting to install OCS 2007 on a Server 2003 machine as the admin and receive this error. I have googled and changed the local security policy to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing?
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:51 PM

All replies

• I'm curious as to when, exactly, you get the error message.  Does it happen shortly after running the setup program, or during one of the installation steps, like preparing Active Directory?
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:56 PM
  • Very shortly after I start the install
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:29 PM
  • You are going to need to provide more detail.  Does clicking deployse or deployee launch the Installation screen? 
    Mark King | C/D/H | MCTS:OCS | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Administrator | CCNA
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:38 PM
  • I am trying to install from the .msi of the trial edition.  It starts up the Windows Installer then errors out with the message.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:40 PM
  • I have downloaded the software from MS site and have it stored on the local harddrive also.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:41 PM
  • What error are you getting? Is it standard edition or enterprise edition?
    Regards, Ram Ojha http://blogs.technet.com/ramo
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:56 PM
  • Trying to install the Standard edition, the error is " The systems administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"
    I am the Admin ...  No policies are in place .... I have changed the local policy
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:56 PM
  • Hi
    Please ensure below firstly
    Local Computer Policy/ computer configuration/ administrator templates/ windows components/ windows installer..........select "disable windows installer". and check it is not enabled.
    Or you can use the tool below
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 
    Do you use the administrator or other account which is member of the administrator?  Please ensure the user was configured properly.
    How about you install the ocs by the domain administrator (with the schema and enterprise administraor).

Regards!
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:18 AM